Saturday, January 05, 2008

Peeker!!!

A few days before Christmas I decided that I needed to do a little present wrapping, so Kennedy and I got out all of our gifts and the paper and started wrapping them all up. I decided to play a little trick on Brent to see how long he could hold out without peeking at his gift. I put a present addressed to him from Kennedy in a gift bag under the tree with just a little tissue paper. That night when Brent got home from school I showed him all the presents he had underneath the tree and told him specifically not to look in the gift bag because there was only tissue paper between him and the present. I told him I was running a few errands and to make sure not to peek. What he didn't know was that I had wrapped the present inside the bag and put a little note saying PEEKER :( on the outside of the wrapping paper. I came home from my errands and inquired about his curiosity and the present. After a lot of questioning I found out that he has more patience than I. He didn't look, but I really wasn't satisfied because he didn't play into my joke. I ended up making him look anyways and we both had a pretty good laugh about it all. What I came to find the next day, was our little girl wanted to get into the presents as much as I did. KENNEDY WAS OUR PEEKER:( !!!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Way too funny!! You know what Cody's mom does? His family would peek so much when they were little, she started putting "To: Snowflake, From: Santa" or "To: Candy Cane, From: Mom" on the presents. Then she keeps a master list of who Snowflake, Candy Cane, etc. is. On Christmas morning the presents are opened one by one as she divulges who the present is really for. I think its brilliant and actually really fun. She still does it even though the kids are older now.

DeAndra said...

My mom always had to put random numbers on our presents. So we would peek until we found something that we knew was for us, and then we knew our number. Except one year my brother got the thing I wanted, and so it kind of backfired.

Oh, and big props to Brent for getting called to the bishopric!!

Michelle said...

Are we going to lose you in primary? Bummer! The kids are going to be soooo sad. D.J. was sad that he had to graduate the other week. BTW, I have to admit...I peeked at my presents a time or two.

Brent and Emily said...

Hey Michelle, I'm not sure about primary, but I am sure that Aaron is just kidding about the bishopric - we don't want any crazy rumors going around. We miss DJ too, but it is fun to have Megan and Alayna in our class this year. We have a lot of fun in classtime with them!!!!

DeAndra said...

I'm not even sure that I'm kidding about the bishopric thing...

DeAndra said...

oh, and nice music!

the sheldons said...

I've already told tons of people in the ward about Brent's upcoming calling to 2nd counselor. I hope that was okay. Aaron said it was fine to spread the word.

Way to obey the no peeking law, Brent. You have some serious self-control brother. Now that little daughter of yours, you might want to keep an eye on her though...