Thursday, January 10, 2008

Iowa Caucus

Pretty much since we have lived out here in Iowa the last year and a half, we have come to find out that Iowan's are really proud about 3 things; the field of dreams, corn, and the iowa caucus. January 3rd we decided to try out the one thing we haven't experienced out here - The Iowa Caucus. It was quite the interesting experience and a lot different than what we were expecting. We thought we would just go write our vote on a ballet and turn it in, but it turned out to be much less formal. We showed up to the local high school where they had the republicans in one room and the democrats in another. You were split up into groups and then each group had volunteers who talked for 2 minutes about each of the candidates. They then gave us a piece of paper and we wrote down who we would vote for. They tallied the votes and read the results out loud. They then did a bunch of other political business and we were done. So I guess that's our claim to fame - we participated in the Iowa Caucus. Kennedy even got into it and showed her support for Romney!!!



7 comments:

Andrea said...

good for you, em. Way to be involved. Hey, check the link on my blog that says "hill-family hooligans". It's our whole family's blog, and I just posted pics of Eden's room. I need some decorating advice. Thanks!

the sheldons said...

CUUUUUUUUUTE!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kennedy's cheeks are to die for.

That was fun to go to the caucus, huh? I had the same idea as you guys as to what I thought it was going to be with thinking it would be a private ballot and everything. But it was still fun and it gave people a chance to chat with eachother. Way to contribute to democracy guys!!

DeAndra said...

Is Brent doing interviews this week or does he have bishopric training first? If so have him schedule me. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you guys participated in the caucus. I'm glad you did... and that you were supporting Romney! ;) I was watching the play by play results that night, my wife wasn't, she got bored.

What's this about bishopric training?

Michelle said...

hehehehe! No kidding. I volunteered to help out w/ Mitt's campaign...and somehow got more involved than I thoght I would be. Our chairperson didn't show up...so I paniced as the crowd grew larger and larger....some people annoyed by the mess up. Some guy volunteered to be the temp. chairperson and saved me from much further humiliation. Thankfully. There was a large group of young marrieds from church in the Hiilendale area precinct. Love you guys!

Amy said...

yeah, what's this about bishopric training?

Amy said...

I bet you could get some money out of rich mitt for that pic of kennedy. she's a good poster child, you should try it. ;)