Monday, March 31, 2008

Atlanta Trip

A couple of weeks ago, we made our way down South to get out of this blasted weather the midwest has to offer. The winter is sure is doing us in this year!!! The real reason for going...well, Brent had an A.R.T. seminar in Atlanta and he didn't know of any other students going so he decided to drag along the family. I have an aunt who lives about 30 miles south of Atlanta so we ended up staying with her. They live in an awesome town called Peachtree City. It is such a gorgeous area with lakes, tons of trees, and...the best part...sun!!! The funniest part about this town is that everyone drives around golf carts. Its the craziest thing!!! At the stores they have spots for the golf carts and paths all around town. They even had pimped out golf carts - its pretty hilarious. We had such a blast staying there and Kennedy especially loved their dog, Pico. She would scream at him because he would run away from her and he would bark back at her because she was screaming. We got a kick out of it. I think he is still probably having nightmares of Kennedy pulling out his fur.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like so much fun! I must admit, I was hoping one of the "pimped out" golf carts would be in the slide show. :) Oh well, all the cute pics of your family were fun to watch too!

Andrea said...

You guys are quite the travelers. I don't enjoy being in the car for long periods of time anymore. I think I maxed myself out in college. Besides, Eden doesn't really put up with that. I'm glad that Kennedy is good for you. It is so fun to go to new places.

mandy & ben said...

Sorry I never got back to you about our camera! I've been such a bad blogger lately I just posted today and noticed your comment on our last blog. Our camera that I use on the blog is a Cannon Power Shot SD550 7.1 Mega Pixels. We LOVE it! We got it as a wedding gift, they couple who gave it to us did some major research through consumer reports. I have quite a few SLR's but I wanted a point and shoot that I could fit in my purse and have with me all the time. The best thing about the Power Shot is there is virtually no lag time between shots. Most digital camera's drive me crazy because of the lag between when you push the button to take a picture and when it actually takes. Makes it really hard to photograph kids! So anyway, if you haven't gotten a camera yet I highly reccomend a Cannon, I'm sure they have a newer version of the Power Shot now. Tell Brent it's worth every penny!! Love looking at your pictures of Kennedy she is so so cute! Hard to believe she is almost 9 months! Glad we can stay connect through BLOGS!

Mandy