Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sometimes You Just Need a Break...

A break from winter, that is. We decided we needed 'something' to help us get through our LAST COLD WINTER, and decided 'that something' would be the Wisconsin Dells. We found a sweet deal, thanks to Amy, for the Chula Vista hotel at the dells and had a blast at the huge indoor water park they have. We had a ton of fun playing with Kennedy in the water and to our surprise our little girl is quite the TOUGH little girl. We thought she would get mad and start crying if she got too wet, but she ended up going down slides by herself, going underwater, and even tried a little swimming. She had a BLAST and we did too. Just being in swimsuits, acting like it was summer, was very therapeutic for us all. We are looking for another good deal so we can head there again before we leave Iowa. :)

On her way to the water park.  She loved carrying her life jacket.

The hotel had a ton of stuffed animals all around and Kennedy loved saying hi to them.  It was pretty funny hearing her try to say caribou, elk, buffalo, etc.   I think she made daddy proud.
Blowing kisses to the caribou!!!  It was hard to get anywhere fast with this girl.  She loved exploring EVERYTHING!!!
Getting a little payback!!!
Probably her favorite part about the park - the guns that shoot water!
She even went down this slide a couple times by herself and never once cried!!!  We were amazed!!!  We wish we could have gotten a picture, but we needed one more set of hands.


She made friends with a few little kids her age, but the best was when she roped the lifeguard into playing ball with her.  We saw this lifeguard later that day and Kennedy stopped and stared at her and then blew the lifeguard a kiss.  It was pretty cute!!!

Some of the smaller waterslides.

We couldn't get a picture of the large waterslides because they all go outdoors, but they were pretty sweet.  Brent and I had a lot of fun taking turns on them.


The lazy river.  We played bumper tubes a lot and Kennedy had a blast saying 'bumper' every time we would bump into each other. 


We realized we hadn't been to a hotel with Kennedy since she was 1 month old.  As you can see in the pics...she loved every bit of it - all new territory to explore!
Wisconsin Dells...we hope to be back soon!!!

13 comments:

Sara said...

That looks like SO much fun! We really want to go sometime... :)

EngineeringNerd said...

Looks amazing!!!

We are the Turner's! said...

I'm glad you had an awesome time! IT looks like an awesome waterpark. Kennedy looks so cute in all of the pictures. She is a fun girl. I'm happy that you got a break from this winter. It has already been a long winter. I also hope you had a Happy Birthday today! Thank you for your friendship!

Ben and Katie McKee said...

Wow! Sounds like a great trip! And Kennedy is getting so big! Oh and Happy Birthday, Emily!

Zach said...

Woah! That is one intense waterpark! Looks like a lot of fun!

thomas family said...

I wish we had something like that here, It looks like so much fun

Nicole said...

What an awesome place! It is so huge for being indoors. It looks like so much fun. Kennedy sounds like great company. She is such a cutie!!

Lindsey said...

I'm not gonna lie- Lazy River is my favorite "ride" of pretty much any water park. I live a rock and roll life style.

Lindsey said...

I'm not gonna lie- Lazy River is my favorite "ride" of pretty much any water park. I live a rock and roll life style.

Mele said...

What a fun trip. Kennedy looks so cute in her little robe.
This place looks SERIOUSLY cool! Please tell me if you ever find a deal because I want to go too! I should have been born a fish, I like the water so much.

Jeanette said...

Em! It took me forever to find your blog (lot's of blog stalkin involved...)- but I found you! Your daughter is so freakin cute!! I miss your guts! Next time your in UT let's get together! You are on my favorites, I'm officially stalking you now...

Erica Jessop said...

you have such a cute family, we really need to get our two girls together I mean HELLO the are the exact age give or take a week!!

The Life and Adventures of a Butt said...

That looks like a FREAKIN AWESOME water park!!!! I wish I could have came! Someday..... ;D Glad u guys had a blast tho! Miss ya tonz!!!