Thursday, August 14, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game...

Brent's school was giving out free tickets for our local baseball team, The Quad Cities River Bandits, so we decided to jump on board and go see the game. When we moved here we actually didn't find out we had a baseball team until a year later when we were driving over the bridge right behind the field. So a year AFTER finding out we had a team, we finally made it to a game. The game turned out to be BOGO free beer night, so I don't know what was more entertaining, watching the fans or the game. We also only made it to the 7th inning, not because of Kennedy, but because the heavens didn't like who was winning - I guess. There seriously was a biblical storm of bugs that rained us out of the stadium. It was definitely a midwest experience!!!




3 comments:

Nicole said...

Look at those cheeks and teeth - what a cutie Kennedy is! I just want to give her a big squeeze. :)

I hope you at least got to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game." That is my favorite part of any baseball game! The bug storm is amazing, seriously, what the heck?!!

Dust + Hil said...

Our car was bomb barded by those same bugs going over the bridge heading into Nauvoo. DISGUSTING! That was too bad you missed out on the rest of the game.

Chad said...

Your little girl is no longer little!! How fast they grow, eh? I have a question for you Brent - are there any guys in the ward who are in the Gonstead club? Drop me a line and let me know. Sure do miss you guys - and hope the dishwasher brings as much joy to your household as it did to ours!!