Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My New Best Friend...

To most people looking at this picture it doesn't seem like much, but to a mom who cleans bottles and likes to cook, this little puppy is a little piece of heaven on earth. Since Brent and I have been married (3 years) we have been lucky enough to live in apartments that DON'T have dishwashers. I didn't think much of it when we first got married because we were so poor we just lived on ramen and mac n' cheese, but since we have been out in Iowa, I have started to cook more and dishes have become my arch-nemisis. So when we heard that some of our friends were going to be moving and needed to find a home for the little guy, we decided INSTANTLY that we would take him in. So our many thanks to Katie and Trevor, the previous owners Chad and Ashley, and I'm not sure where it came before that. So here he is everybody...my new best friend.

6 comments:

Dust + Hil said...

Congratulations to the new edition to your cute little family!

Ashleigh said...

HAHA!!! Wow, I'm sorry, but I don't miss that thing a bit. Although, it was nice to have something else doing the washing, or at least some of it. We still had to have the dishes completely scraped clean. We got it from Sister Ray, I think. They were going to get rid of it if nobody wanted it, and so we jumped on the chance. Well, I'm glad you are getting some use out of it. Someday you'll have a nice built dishwasher and you'll look back at it and laugh, too.

Nicole said...

AWESOME!! It is so hard without a dishwasher. We didn't have one in our first apartment either and it was the worst--the dishes would stack up and stink up the apartment because we hated doing them so bad. I guess I probably shouldn't admit that...

Andrea said...

Yeah!!! That will be so much nicer. I think that the dishwasher is one of the greatest inventions of all time. By the way, I'm still you're best friend, even if you don't want to claim me:)

Sara said...

Have I mentioned how much I like the "Kennedy timeline" on the sidebar? I can't believe how much like -herself- she looks in that 2-month picture...

Mele said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. Its so cute! :) I looked around and found your cakes. Great job. They look so professional!