Monday, August 04, 2008

Kennedy's 1st Birthday

Shortly after getting back from summer break, we celebrated Kennedy's birthday with a barbecue and kiddie pool party in our backyard. Kennedy's friend Emma was born just 3 days after her so we had a combined birthday party and invited a few people over to help us celebrate. I decorated 2 mini birthday cakes for the little girls and a big cake for everyone else. I got the idea for the cakes off the plates & decor that I used for the parties theme. It was the most fun I have had decorating a cake and I was pretty proud of how they turned out. Kennedy was a little hesitant to dig into her cake, but that was soon lost as you can see from the pictures. I ended up washing her off in the pool. We had a blast and I can't believe my little girl is already 1.











7 comments:

Ashleigh said...

oh my goodness, that is so stinkin' cute! Her chubs and cake all over, I just love it. And awesome job on the cake decorating! It looks just like the plate. You're so multi-talented, it's sick ;-)

Andrea said...

Holy cow! She totally attacked that cake. Good thing you had others to share. That's hilarious.
You should seriously go into business making cakes. It's amazing!

Dust + Hil said...

Happy Late Birthday Kennedy! Cute cakes Emily.

Kacie said...

Can't believe it has been a year. She is so adorable. I hope Brystal dives in to her cake when she turns one. Maybe you should give me some cake decorating lessons.

The Noorda Girls said...

em you are an amazing cake decorater! that is insane! teach me your talents next time you come to visit!
i love you guys! she's growing up so fast, and is very very cute!
keep practicing the 'ky' with her:)

Lindsey said...

First of all, I LOVE your cute, short haircut. Second of all, HOLY COW your little girl is so darling! I can't get over that. Your mad cake decorating skills pretty much blow my mind.

Nicole said...

I can't believe Kennedy is one either!! How time flies! I love the picture with the cake in her hair - she is just too cute. And your cakes turned out great--they are even cuter than the plates you got the idea from. Great job!