So tonight Brent and I made this bet about what women like THE MOST for Mother's Day. I'm not quite sure why he is betting against a WOMAN, but let's just humor him for the moment. So here it goes...
For mother's day, what would you rather receive MOST along with a gift?
1) Breakfast in Bed
2) A Loving Note from the Husband
3) Quality Time with the Husband/Kids
So please help us settle this dispute by casting your vote in a comment, and also mention if you would like your vote forwarded on to your husband :)
12 comments:
Totally breakfast in Bed!
I ditto the breakfast in bed!
I'm going to have to go with #3. I never ever see Dean anymore because of clinic and now slap boards on top of that, so I'd love to be able to spend more than 2 waking hours with him per day. And plus I'm messy and would spill my proverbial breakfast all over my bed.
I think breakfast in bed is totally overrated.
So, my vote is a toss up between 2 and 3.
I will have to vote for 2--a loving note from my husband because I don't get those very often, but am lucky enough to spend lots of quality time with him and the kiddos.
so, #2.
ps. yes, I would like this forwarded on to Jeremy :)
I would say number three, you can't destroy moments like breakfast ( Dave has DESTROYED plenty of those) and notes:) ESPECIALLY since we don't see the husbands very much!
My impulsive answer would be breakfast in bed. Probably because I don't think I have ever had it and it also means I probably got to sleep in that day, which hasn't happened for a long time. A nice note would be good, and I probably should like that, but resting in bed just sounds much better. Maybe the perfect thing would be the breakfast with a note on the tray. As for time with the child--maybe I'm a bad mom, but I get that everyday, so don't I get a break on Mother's day??? :) More time with the hubby is always good though--especially considering how much he has been working this week.
PS we were reminiscing about our prank war at the Farm and it made me totally miss you! We had such great times back in the college days! I'm glad we at least have the blogs...
I know I'll be making my wife breakfast in bed... she's always loved that. I do it on Mother's day, her birthday... and usually on Valentine's day.
It depends on the girl... and who understands girls... ha ha.
I'm having a really hard time deciding. All three sound nice, but I don't know which I'd like most. I'd probably pick #3, but I can't say, because I don't think I've ever had breakfast in bed, saltines and ginger ale aside. Those don't count.
Oooo...does breakfast in bed also include complimentary cleaning of the kitchen afterward? That's a toughy. Hmmmm.... at this stage in our lives I'd have to say #3 just because I hardly ever see the hubs and if he's here he's helping with the kids. Oh, an quality time usually includes a fun outting or dinner out right?!
I don't know, if you know my husband #1 is a bad idea!! But I am a sucker for love notes and time with family. I can't decide but it would be #2 or #3. I know he will spend time with us on Sunday, so I go for a loving note, they are always my favorite.
So I TOTALLY change my answer I say breakfast in bed, I don't know why I said number three, maybe because I was missing my husband at the time, but we moms need a break that day so definately breakfast in bed!
I have to agree with Nicole, Mother's day is a break day for me. But I would also love a note!
Post a Comment