Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

It is always a little bitter sweet for me to go to the zoo.  On the one hand I totally love going and so does Kennedy.  It is a fun activity to do outside and lets be honest, who doesn't love the zoo, but on the other hand it is a little hard for me to see all the animals caged up and I always feel a little bad going by and staring at them all locked up.  It is especially hard for me when you can tell their cages didn't receive any of the zoo's budget for the year.  But as always, we go...and don't get me wrong we have fun.  A few weeks ago, it was Niabi Zoo's free week, so like any poor college family...we went twice that week.  The first time was with a bunch of girls from the ward and the second time was with Brent.  Both times were a lot of fun and between the two visits we were able to see all the animals out and about.  It was so much more fun to watch Kennedy this year than it was last.  Its crazy what a difference a year makes.  She LOVED it!!!

         
         
Kennedy remembered the carousel from the Mall of America a little TOO well.   Check out our newest rock climber in the family.  Keep it up!

Work it girl....work it!!!  
I think Reilly was a little jealous of the new guy :)
          
          

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That elephant picture is so charming! I love it. Kennedy is growing up so fast!

Andrea said...

I'm glad to hear that somebody else is disturbed by the caged animals. It really bothers me. That's probably why we only go to the zoo once a year...maybe two.
I love the rock-climbing! Teach 'em while they're young.