Monday, June 15, 2009

Garage Sale

So in preparing to move back out of Iowa and back to Utah, we decided to have a garage sale a couple of weekends ago. People out here in Iowa are crazy about garage sales. In the summer there are signs for them EVERYWHERE and they usually run Thursday - Saturday all day. It was a lot more work than you would think getting ready for it, but it was VERY worth it. We made quite a bit of money, which was such a blessing for us to help with the moving expenses. We still have no clue how we were able to get so much money and what we sold to do it, but I guess that's how some blessings come. The first day things were going so well, we went back through our house trying to find anything else we didn't want. It was kind of addicting, I'll be honest. A couple of friends brought over some of their stuff too, so it was quite the operation!



5 comments:

Erica Jessop said...

oh my gosh I would have gone grrr, I have been looking for one of those kid cars for Tay:)

Sara said...

I'm fairly impressed that you had time and presence of mind to take pictures. I feel like I'm always scurrying around at the last minute with that sort of thing. I got more than money from your garage sale - I got a tan line. And it is really cool. ;-)

Andrea said...

Nooooo! I see some of your clothes up for sale in that garage, Emily! I would have bought them from you. Grrr.
Oh well, maybe I can just let you go shopping for me with my money so I don't have to....what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Why do you have 2 lawn mowers... they look identical too!

Brent and Emily said...

oh, we had just two, but three that looked exactly identical. Brent went into the lawn mower fixing business for awhile there :)